Monday, September 9, 2013

Is my life of value?


 
Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a great weekend :)
 
Yesterday, I was able to make it to church, thankfully!
I haven't been able to go much lately due to traveling and just feeling really crappy.
I wasn't feeling real good yesterday, but I was determined to at least try.
I'm glad I did because it was a great reminder for me.
 
Although I'm not materialistic, but because I am human, I think it is always good to be reminded that "stuff" is not going to last even after I die.
When the day comes when our Father calls me home, He isn't going to tell me, "Okay Chels, you've got an hour to pack your bags before you come with Me. Grab whatever means the most to you. We've got plenty of room for it all."
I don't have the option to grab my beloved Curious George stuffed animal or my favorite earrings or my framed college diploma that I worked so hard for or even the few bucks stuffed in my wallet.
All the "stuff" that I have accumulated will lose its value to me.
 
Jesus says in Matthew 6:19-21, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
 
Here are a few points from Pastor McCallon:
~"Leave life better than we received it.
~When we lie to get something we want, we will lie to keep it...that's not what God intended.
~The only value that can never be devalued comes from Jesus Christ.
~Live for what lasts.
~Do what is right because it is right, not what you get out of it.
~Act on what you believe."
 
As hair turns gray and skin wrinkles up, the only thing that matters is Christ in you.
 It is the only thing that will last.
Loving like Jesus is what will last for eternity.
 
So when we start to worry about a promotion or stress over throwing an amazing party or finding money to buy the newest, fastest car, let's ask ourselves...
"Will this last? Will the value be devalued one day? Will it further Christ's Kingdom?"
What is amazing about these questions is that I think it can save us from a lot of worry, time, and heartache.
 
Another post about "stuff", check it out here!
 
Reading for the week:
Today: Proverbs 30-31
Tuesday: Ecclesiastes 1-4
Wednesday: Ecc 5-8
Thursday Ecc 9-12
Friday: Solomon
Saturday: Isaiah 1-4 
 
post signature
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)