Saturday, June 29, 2013

Introducing "Following in Your Footsteps"


My boyfriend told me about this book called, "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne.
He loves this book. In fact, he bought multiple copies so that he could lend to people. Aside from the Bible, he told me that it was one of the most life changing books he has ever read.
So with that high of praise, of course, I would want to read it!
 
I started reading it about a month ago. I'm sure I could have finished it faster, but it is full of really thought provoking ideas that you really need to sit and chew on before reading further (plus, I've been really busy lately).
 
My mom actually started reading it before I did and the first day of reading it for hours, she was totally impacted. Once I started reading it, I was affected the same way. I believe this book is meant to challenge us...to get us out of our comfort zone of Christianity and get back to the basics...living like Jesus.
With that being said, check this book out...you won't regret it!
 
Our flesh may make it difficult to live like Jesus, but Jesus has told us, "follow me". After reading this book, as well as a few others, I've been inspired to do a new blog series. It's been awhile since I've written a series and I'm really excited about this one. So grab a cup of coffee and join me in the next few weeks as we talk about what it really means to follow Christ!
 
 
 
 
Don't forget to pray for the unreached people group of the day!
 
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)