Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mini series - The Cast of Christmas - Day 4


 
The past 3 Christmas story members that we've learned from shared a few things in common...one being, who God sent to them (other than Jesus)... the angel(s).
 
I would ask you to imagine to be the angel who visited Mary, Joseph, and the shepherds, but that's really hard to do. If you know what I mean.
 
I know there is a reason God used an angel as a messenger. He didn't have to use an angel, but He did. I mean, He's God, He can do anything.
I can't tell you why God did it this way (because I'm not God, duh), but I'll take a guess. I could be wrong or maybe I'm right, but here it goes...
He wanted to make a statement.
Jesus deserved a grand entrance and who better than an angel sent from God. Someone who would grab Mary, Joseph and the shepherds' attention and hold it.
Someone so magnificent, so big, maybe even terrifying to prove that he was sent from God.
Someone who would prove that this was serious, lifesaving business that required such obedience and commitment.  
 
Not only did God send one angel to tell Mary and Joseph, He also sent a multitude of angels to the shepherds the day of Jesus' birth. I know for a fact, that this was for a reason.
Jesus, even though He was a baby, deserved a multitude of praise by heavenly host to give God the glory of this wonderful gift of salvation and to proclaim the peace which He would bring.
Luke 2:13-14 says, "And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.'"
 
So what can we learn from the angel(s)?
Although we aren't angels, God can use us as His messengers of His love just like He sent the angels. We can be bold, loving messengers of the wonderful news of Jesus' birth, crucifixion, and resurrection that brings salvation for all who believe.
As the shepherds left the manger scene praising God and as the heavenly host praised God the day of Jesus' birth, we should also praise God and in all we do bring glory to His name.

Check out this Christmas song from the angel's perspective!
"Good News" by Avalon
 
post signature
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)