Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10 In Him we find...

So it's been another rough day. Lots of couch time, gingerale, and popsicles (only good part of being sick, unlimited popsicles with no guilt), but more importantly,
I made it here to tell you another thing we find in Him!
 
 
 
One of the expectations of my Lyme Disease treatment is to rest. It's so important.
Rest helps our bodies to heal. Our bodies need rest. Our minds need rest. We all need to rest physically, mentally, and spiritually. No matter how many naps we take or how many hours we sleep, we will not find true rest until we rest in God's promises. This could mean reading the Bible, listening to worship music, praying, or all of the above. Soaking in His promises for us will give us rest and restoration that is needed to keep us going so that we are able to fulfill His call on our lives.
 
Another way we find rest in God is by giving up all our worries to Him. He can handle it, that's for sure. You'll be surprised how at rest you will feel when you give it up to the One who cares for you. Matthew 11:28-29 says, “…Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
In Him we find rest.
 
Today's scripture for read-your-Bible-in-a-year-plan is John 5-6.
Hope to see you tomorrow for day 11 & don't forget to rest in Him!
post signature



2 comments:

  1. Rest....something I need to give myself. I need to rest physically, emotionally, and physically.

    Enjoy your Sunday. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful, restful Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)