Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blessings [Link Up]

 
Hey everyone! Well, it's been a busy, but blessed weekend.
I hope you've had a blessed weekend as well!
 
So I'm linking up with my fellow blogger, Kaity at (Bee)autiful Blessings blog, to talk about my blessings from the weekend.
 
Friday marked the 3rd birthday of my youngest niece. I can't believe it's been 3 years since she was born. They grow so fast, making me feel so, so old (I know I'm not really old, but I feel like it haha). So Friday night I was blessed to join my sister and her sweet family for dinner and then off to their town's football game to listen to my oldest niece play in the band and my 5 year old niece dance with the high school dance team. The weather was great, the band sounded awesome, and the dance was precious. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures...I fail.
 
Saturday was the big, Barney, pizza birthday party. The kids wore chef hats, aprons, and made their own personal pizza with their own personally picked topping, while I rested on the couch after setting up for the party with my sister. It's always an extravagant task planning birthday parties, but it's always worth it.
Definitely a blessing, to celebrate a birthday.
 
 
 
 
After the party, my parents and I went home (with no time to nap) and got prettified for my friend's wedding. I always love a wedding. Plus, it forces me to fix myself up (it's amazing what make-up can do), which also makes me feel somewhat better. It's a win-win situation, get pretty and feel better. Weird how that works. However, it takes a lot out of me to get ready. Thank you, Lyme Disease. Anyway, it was a blessing to watch another couple be united together, fellowship with close friends and talk about future weddings to come. Oh, how I love weddings!
 
 
Anywho, I've done a little too much the past few days which means I'm laid up in bed with heavy, aching legs, headache and stiffness all over so I'm unable to get to church today. Once again, I'm thankful for the creation of live webcasts so I can watch church from my comfy bed with the company of my heating pad. Another Sunday with 2 baptisms led me to tears because of the testimonies they shared. Lives that were surrounded with sin, but turned around because of God's grace. Once again, I'm reminded that God is not only moving in my life, but He is moving all around.
 Praise God!
 A quick summary of my sermon notes from Pastor Gregg Matte:
~Acts 2:42-46: unity and generosity of the church
~"Awe of God leads to unity and generosity between men."
~"Generosity is a balance to be managed, not a problem to be solved."
~What you have is from God...they are tools to be used for His glory, not for you (my words).
~"Awe of God brings praise, favor, and impact."
 
Well that's all for today! I hope you all have a blessed, restful Sunday!
If you are reading the Bible in a year with me, today is a catch up day. So far we've read the book of Matthew and Mark 1-11.
 
Have you been blessed today? I'd love to hear...leave me a comment or link up!
 
post signature
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)