Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkins and worship

 
Did my blog title get ya? No, I was not worshipping with pumpkins haha.
Yesterday, a couple of friends and I carved pumpkins (which I haven't done in awhile..it tends to be pretty dangerous for me) but good news...I didn't cut myself carving! Yay! We were going to spray paint our pumpkins but realized that with the wind, it might not be a good idea. Here are a few pictures from our pumpkin carving.
I'm not going to lie...this is my favorite part of carving pumpkins..
strange, I know haha

 KK & I were concentrating on our masterpieces



 E carved her pumpkin with a drill...she's a smartie!
 
 
 KK with her "K" & polka dot pumpkin
 
 
 Me & my attempted "love" pumpkin...can't ya tell? haha
 
The finished products!

 
 
It was nice fellowship & fun. THEN, we went to a young adult worship/Bible study. Let me tell you, it was so cool and encouraging to see so many young people praising God. It was a great night of worship!
Today, I actually made it to church with my parents. The sermon was over Hebrews 11:32-40 and it was awesome!!
Here are a few points that really stood out to me today...
  • Chapter 11 shows how there have been faithful people since the very beginning...Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David and so on...all the way up to today. We are linked to these faithful people because of our faith...pretty cool, huh?
  • "The fact that you exist shows that the God fo the Universe wants you and has a plan for you" ~Pastor Nathan
  • Verse 40 explains that God provided something better for us, meaning the New Covenant (aka Jesus, instead of the Law)
  • Because of Jesus (New Covenant), we have a personal relationship...not religion.
These were just a few things that really stood out to me.
I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend!
If you are following along with the year long Bible reading plan, it's catch up day! Matthew chapters 1-26.
 
 
     
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)