Monday, October 29, 2012

Being in the "in crowd"




You know how in school there was always the "in crowd"? The group of people who had the cool clothes and shoes. Maybe you were in that group or maybe you weren't. If you weren't one of the "popular" kids (I know I wasn't),  you either were jealous of them and tried whatever it took to be a part of that group or you were fine in your own skin. Whatever group you were in, whether it be the jocks or the yearbook people (I was one of them), I've got news for you. News that may not be news to you or news that may be a surprise to you. News that you need to know
You are in the "in crowd" with Jesus. It may sound cliche', but it's true.

As I've been on my year long journey in the Bible (only about 2 months in), I've been forced to realize that Jesus was friends with everyone. There were no groups that he ignored. There were no groups that he would only eat lunch with. There were no groups that he only hung out with at the mall (well, maybe not the mall, but you know what I mean). He wouldn't stick his nose up to some people and high five others. Everyone was cool to the big JC. You could be demon possessed (like Mary Magdalene), a thief, or whatever and Jesus would still love you

If you don't believe me, here's some proof:

  • "The Pharisees and their scribes began grumbling at His disciples saying, "Why do you eat and drink with the tax collectors and sinners?" And Jesus answered and said to them, "It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:30-32 NASB
  • "The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them (verses 35-39 explain the least of them as those who are thirsty, hungry, naked, sick, prisoners, and strangers...that's a lot of people, if you ask me), you did it to Me.’" Matthew 25:40 NASB
  • "For God so loved the world (that means everyone) that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16 NASB

Just wait, it gets even better! Even though Jesus is not literally (His Holy Spirit is) here on earth with us today, His "in crowd" is still the same....everyone. Not one person is better than another.  There is absolutely nothing you could do that would make Jesus turn his nose up at you. Nothing. Seriously! He loves everyone. Even if you've done drugs, been in jail, whatever it may be...Jesus includes you in His "in crowd". Yeah He may be disappointed in some of the choices you've made just like a good friend would, but He still has your back. 
He just wants you to take His advice (trust me, He gives good advice) and live with Him. 

Don't EVER doubt the love Jesus has for you, because of something you have done wrong. 
He knows that we are gonna mess up every once in awhile (we are imperfect) and that doesn't keep Him from loving us. He loves all the different groups of people and wants us ALL to choose to walk with Him, because His way is the HIGH way ;)

This reminds me of one of my favorite songs, "Jesus, Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns. 
Check it out!

post signature

P.S.- If you are following along in the year long Bible reading plan, today's scripture is Luke 8-9.






























3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous post. At times, I feel alone. It is so helpful to know that Jesus always loves me and never leaves me. The funny thing with groups is that they can sometimes take work to fit in. I love that in order to fit in with Jesus I don't have to do anything but sit back and let him love on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marci! Thank you! I love how you said that.. "I don't have to do anything but sit back and let him love on me." It's pretty awesome!! No one can love us like He does! Be blessed <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Great post and I Love your header and I love the song at the end of this post! God Bless

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)