Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Award? I got an award?!

So yesterday- I found out from my fellow Blogger over at Behind The Smile, that she nominated me for two blog awards- The Versatile blogger and Liebster Awards. That was definitely a nice surprise, especially since I'm somewhat of a blogger newbie and had no clue they did "blog awards". Thank you so much for nominating me! Please check out her blog, Behind The Smile-I'm one of her followers and it is obvious that she has a gift of writing!




 
Because I was nominated, I get to answer some questions!
 
Q1. Who is the person who has influenced your life the most and why? This is such a hard question- so many people have influenced my life...so I'm going to the Sunday School answer (which is true)...JESUS!! Nuff said. :)

Q2. Do you have a saying or a quote which is your favourite and you refer to often? Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'

Q3. What is your greatest fear? I'm gonna go with snakes. Yep-just thinking about them gives me the heebee-jeebees. Moving on...

Q4. If you could turn back the clock what would you change? If anything? I would probably take my time in college, instead of rushing through, but then again, it has been a blessing that I graduated early. So I have mixed emotions.

Q5. What do you do to be kind to yourself? Hmm...I guess I'm being kind to myself by trying my hardest to be healthy and get better so I can get into remission of my Lyme Disease. I would say that's pretty kind. It's also kind of my parents too, they're a huge help...couldn't do it without them.

Q6. Name two positive attributes/gifts you have? According to friends, one would be that I'm a good listener. Another one...I like to think that I'm a positive person. I try to find the good in everything.

Q7. Name one new skill you would like to learn? Cooking (yes, mom, I said it)...but I'm such a perfectionist and it really upsets me when I mess the food up. I know, I know...I have to work on it, especially if I want to have a man in my life ;)

Q8. Do you attend church? If so what do you like about your church? Yes- I love to know that there are so many different people all there, at one time, worshipping together. It's an awesome feeling!

Q9. What are you thankful for? There's so much to be thankful for...the first thing that comes to mind, is my doctor. I am so thankful that God has put him in my life. I know He is working through him-I can feel it!

Q10. What makes you smile? My Lyme puppy, Lola. Yes-I have Lyme and she does too. Crazy, huh?! I love her.

Q11. Why do you blog? I used to be against blogging because I thought it was narcissitic. Ha and what am I doing now? Well, my mind has changed about blogging, because I feel that God really led me to blog, just like many other people. Today, the internet is such a huge way to minister to people and my prayer is that God is using me and my story through blogging.
 
A part of this award process is to pay it award forward by nominating other bloggers! All of the blogs listed below are nominated for both awards! Please go check out these blogs- they're awesome! If you aren't on this list, please know that this list would continue if I had time-all of you rock! So go on ahead and join in on the fun...I think everyone who blogs deserves it.
 
 
If you are nominated, please use the award images (above) and follow these rules: (You pick which one or both...I just followed the Liebster Award rules)


Versatile Blogger pay it forward rules:
1) Thank person who nominated you, include a link to their blog, include an image of the award in your post.
2) Give seven random facts about yourself
3) Nominate 10 bloggers for the award to pay it forward to.
 

Liebster award pay it forward rules:
1) List 11 facts about yourself
2)Answer 11 questions given to you
3) Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated for the award, mind go to their blogs
and tell them you have nominated them.
4) Choose 11 bloggers (it is recommended for those with 200 or fewer followers, if you wish)
5) Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

If you would like to answer the questions, here they are:
 
 1. Favorite kind of pizza?
2. What gets you energized on a Monday morning?
3. What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is one thing you would like to change about yourself?
6. Name one place you would like to travel to.
7. Favorite song?
8. Favorite author?
9. What is a pet peeve of yours?
10. What was your dream job as a child?
11. What motivated you to blog?
 
 
Have fun & thank you ALL for sharing your gift of writing! :)

post signature











8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award! That's so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me! :)

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It's always nice to get affirmation so keep up the good work :) Be blessed!

      Delete
  3. You are so sweet to nominate me. Thank you sweet lady!!! Hope you have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Janine!! Thank you for sharing your gift of writing!!! You have a wonderful night too! Be blessed :)

      Delete
  4. Chelsea, you are the kindest of friends. Thank you for this sweet award. I loved reading all your responses. Does your puppy really have Lymes too? That is such a touching thing. And is she ok? How blessed she is to have you to care for her.

    I pray you are having a lovely Lord's day. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Laura you are so sweet! Of course, I gave you the award-you are awesome!! Yep-my Lola has Lyme too! About 7 months into treatment, we came back from vacation (Lola came too) and I was petting her and found a tick on her stomach. Next day, we took her to the vet and sure enough, she has Lyme. I cried my eyes out. She just finished up her second round of antibiotics. She's okay-she's just really lazy (that may just be her personality though haha) and she twitches, but other than that she's fine! Sounds silly but our bond definitely grew when I found out that she had Lyme. My appreciation for my parents grew as well, because it's hard enough just having a pet with Lyme...I can't imagine having a child with Lyme!

      I hope you have had a wonderful Sunday!! Blessings <3

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)