Monday, September 3, 2012

Laboring on Labor Day

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a restful, fun Labor Day! My Labor Day was actually pretty laboring, but fun laboring, I guess you'd say. I woke up, had my morning reading time and got to work! No, I don't have an "actual" job just yet, but I have been rather productive lately. I have been hooked on DIY (do it yourself) projects. On top of that, it seems like the more I craft, the better I get at it and the more creative I am, therefore, I want to do more! I have alllll these ideas in my head and I feel like it's going to explode. Do you ever feel that way?

So everyone keeps telling me I need to rest, but I just have to be busy no matter how I feel! I'm tired of Lyme Disease getting in the way. However, I realize I gotta slow down so I can get better and beat the heck out of Lyme sooner rather than later!

As I lie on the couch, throbbing with pain, I realize, "Hmmm maybe I should take a break and slow down." Don't you hate when people tell you something & you go against what they say because you're stubborn (which I am) and then realize...they were right... the whole time. Yep, that's where I am right now. So I figured I would show you what wore me out today, followed with a family gathering. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Nothing. So those of you who know me personally, please encourage me to rest and take care of myself. I know I'm stubborn, but please stay on me...I'm giving you permission...remind me of that.

So the first thing I did was DIY bathroom wall art for my parents' bathroom. All I used were shoeboxes, paint, craft paper, and stencils. Super cheap. Easy to do. Time consuming if you are a perfectionist like me (and they aren't even perfect). I'm glad I'm finally finished with this project and somewhat happy with it.

Lastly, I made a fall monogrammed wreath. This was super easy and super fun! All I used was a wreath, fall garland, ribbon, hot glue and a wooden letter.
This is what I did today, plus some cleaning and chasing down kiddos. Productive day, but totally exhausting for a Lymie (a person with Lyme). Anyway, I hope you all had some rest from your work and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)