Monday, September 17, 2012

Dream BIG

Sorry, it's been a little while since I posted. The past few days have been really tough, but I got the strength and mind power up enough to post today. Here is my my most recent project. It still needs some finishing touches, but it's pretty much done. This was an experiement canvas art project that didn't turn into what I was thinking at all, but that's okay. It kind of looks like it would be in a nursery, but it's whatever...it inspired me to blog!
 
You know when you were a kid, everyone used to tell you reach for the stars? As you grew up, you probably lost sight of your "stars" for one reason or another. I know I've had many, many dreams. Some were a little far fetched and now that I'm older, I realize.."eh, that's probably not realistic", but I have other dreams that seem to be more doable. I think as we grow older we can get discouraged or distracted from living out our dreams. Since I've had so much free time the past 8 months, I've had to time to really think about the things I want to do. In fact, I have a pretty big bucket list board on Pinterest..haha. Try and live out your dreams. Weigh your options and figure out what is more important to you. Most importantly, realize that God has great plans for you and even if you don't reach some, He will give you the strength to accomplish bigger and better dreams.
 
Isaiah 55:9 says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Trust that when your dreams don't flourish, that His ways are so much better than yours, as long as you follow His lead. Lastly, don't be discouraged. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
 
So don't give up just yet on your dreams. Trust that God will strengthen you to reach them or put bigger and better dreams in front of you!
 
Question of the day: What is a dream of yours? How are you going to accomplish it?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)