Saturday, September 22, 2012

Clueless, overwhelmed & excited

Have you ever been truly excited about the future instead of scared?
What about being content with being clueless?
Positively overwhelmed instead of negatively overwhelmed?
 Well, that's where I am...at the crossroads of being positively overwhelmed and excited.

It has now been nine months since I have been unable to work. These nine months have been filled with struggle, courage, sadness, happiness, pain, anxiety, contentment, reflection, and growth. Put all of that together and you get overwhelming. It may not sound like a piece of cake (which it hasn't been), but overall, it has been pretty amazing to see what God has done the past nine months.

There were times when I wanted to give up, but God was there holding me up.
There were times when I have felt lonely, but God always opened my eyes to see that He never leaves my side.
There were times when I was scared, but God showed me that there is hope.
There were times when I was confused, but God made it clear.
There were times when I was hurt, but God bandaged me up.

Obviously, it has been a pretty overwhelming time, but the past few weeks it has been especially overwhelming...in a good way. I'm not saying it has been perfect, because it has been tough. However, I have seen God move so much lately.

He has overwhelmed me with ideas of how He can use me. 
He has overwhelmed me with the love and encouragment of people, including strangers!
He has overwhelmed me with the joy that comes from serving.
 He has overwhelmed me with His timing and how He truly connects people together.
Needless to say, this is my kind of state of being overwhelmed.

For once in my life, I have no clue what I want to do as a career, who I'm going to marry, where I'm going to be in 10 years and so on...usually this would freak me out, but it doesn't! Crazy, I know, especially since I like everything planned out. You're probably wondering, "why are you okay with this?" I'm content because I know God has it under control. The past 9 months has clearly shown me that God has it under control. He's working everything out and I'm stoked!! He has healed me and transformed in me in so many ways. I know He is going to continue to challenge and work on me, because I'm far from perfect. Knowing that the creator of the universe has a plan for my life, gives me peace that being clueless is okay!

If you're clueless, overwhelmed, anxious, seek God. His promises and teachings will give you hope and courage to live out His will for your life. When God is at the center of your life, everything else falls into place. Then you are able to glorify God with the amazing testimony He has given you.

I'm gonna go back to Jeremiah 29:11 once again (because it's awesome!), "For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future!"

Don't forget to memorize a verse this week! Find an accountability partner to encourage you or let me know and I'd be glad to help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)