Friday, August 31, 2012

My own personal cheerleader

I know last post I said this time I was going to write about "finding God's specific will" from Gregg Matte's book, but as I was watching the Olympics tonight, that entry got pushed back to another time. Anyway, I just finished watching the All Around Women's final in Gymnastics. I've always enjoyed watching this event, especially this year. I think we had a lot of really good talent on the team and the girls seemed real down to earth. Another part of the event that I liked was watching the parents. Boy do they get into it or what?! I loved watching all the intense emotion from these supportive people. While I was watching Aly's parents squirm and Gabby's mom yell with joy, it made me wonder if that's what God is like up there in heaven. I wonder if He beams with pride when we reach a goal? Or does He feel our agony and pain that we go through? Or does He stand up and cheer us on when we're about to give up? Or does He give us advice when we ask Him for it? What about when we mess up, does He hang his head and whisper the words "it's okay...I still love you"? I think the answer to all of those questions is a simple "yes". I like to think of God as my own personal cheerleader. He may be far up in the stands sometimes, but I know He is always there. He never leaves. Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." On top of that, even when I lose or screw up, He's still there. He doesn't give up on me. He doesn't storm out on me, but instead, He forgives me. He truly forgives me...He remembers my sins no more (Hebrews 8:12). He doesn't continue to remind me what I messed up on (that's not cheerleader-like), but He moves on and guides me to a new playing field. Lastly, He encourages me and motivates me to do better. He reminds me that with His strength I can do anything. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." I can't think of a better cheerleader than that, can you? Never forget that you have a cheerleader 24/7....ready to cheer for you, ready to be there when you mess up, and ready to encourage you to move on. Check out one of my favorite songs that reminds me of mine & your cheerleader! "Your Love Never Fails" by Jesus Culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Be blessed :)